Sunday, January 22, 2012

DIY: Crayola Project

Yes. I finally joined the Crayola craze. There is so many styles to make your board in, but here is my choice: 

                                                                                 Supplies:
-Canvas 
-Crayola Crayons 
-Hot Glue
-Blow Dryer and a diffuser 
-Cardboard or a trash bag
-Scissors
-Image either vinyl or printed 
-Sharpie 
-Glue Stick 


Steps:

1. Decide on your style and design for your Crayola board. You can either take the wrapping paper off each crayon or keep it on. It's really bout personal preference. 

2. Hot Glue the crayons to the top of your board

3. Over cardboard or a trash bag, begin to melt the crayons with the blow dyer. [I recommend having something on the floor and wall behind as sometimes it does splatter] 

If you just want the melted crayons then your done! if you want to add something else to it then:

My finished result
4. Use a vinyl image or glue a printed picture to your canvas. For mine, I just printed an image off the internet and cut it out, glueing it to my board with a glue stick. I also cut out clouds from my scrap paper and coloured them in with sharpie for clouds to go with my rainy day picture. 

The Crayola Board is all about creativity and originality! It comes out different every time, so it makes a great project to do more than once. 


No comments:

Post a Comment