Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Mug Décor:

   Everyone knows that coffee mugs make fabulous gifts but why not add a personal touch to it and decorate them your selves! The following DIY project takes only about half an hour or less:

Supplies:
-Design template*
-Masking tape
-Sharpie
-Acrylic Paint Marker
-Plain Mug
-Acrylic Sealer  [not pictured]

*The mug I made, which is pictured above, was for my brother, so I decided to draw a mustache design upon it. I found an image I liked just by using Google images and cutting out the shape. So if you are making your own template you will need access to paper, scissors or a craft knife and a printer, unless you are artistic and can draw your designs!

Steps:

1. Find and prepare your design outline and tape it to your mug

2. Outline and colour it in with sharpie. Let sit for a few minutes

3. Go over the sharpie design in the acrylic paint marker. Let that dry for a few minutes.

4. Spray with acrylic sealer and finis!

                                                 ^ Here is another design that I adore!

With Love <3



No comments:

Post a Comment